Nimble Explorer Does Double Duty
as an Efficient Commuter
When adventure takes riders off the beaten path, the KLX250S
is the right tool for the job. Built for both on-and off-road
use, the light and nimble KLX250S is an ideal ride for dual-sporting
fun. Its efficient single-cylinder engine is perfect for maneuvering
through urban traffic or exploring the trails. No matter where
the journey leads, it's enhanced by the KLX's long-travel suspension,
impressive maneuverability and reliable liquid-cooled engine.
An easy-to-use push-to-start button starts up the KLX's 249cc
engine. That engine is mounted in a light, high-tensile steel
perimeter frame, yielding a low center of gravity that translates
into better maneuvering on tight trails. The 34mm semi-flat slide
Keihin CVK carburetor provides great throttle response and broad,
smooth power not to mention fantastic fuel economy. The
KLX250S meets California air pollution regulations, making it
an ideal urban commuter in all 50 states.
A highly refined six-speed transmission contains the right gear
for everything from off-road crawling to highway cruising, with
an advanced shift cam for positive shift feel and firm engagement.
The rigors of off-road motorcycling dictate additional protection
for the exposed underside of the machine, so the KLX250S comes
standard with an aluminum engine guard to protect its crankcase
during off-road adventures. Negotiating tight terrain also highlights
another off-road reality heat. Dual lightweight, high-capacity
Denso radiators and an electric fan provide ample cooling.
The KLX250S's straight-line stability is enhanced by a rigid
square-section main frame, yet its short wheelbase gives it outstanding
turning aptitude. Complementing the chassis is a lightweight
aluminum swingarm employing a highly rigid D-shaped cross section.
KX racing-type chain adjusters allow for precise chain
The KLX250S's custom spring and damping settings, with slightly
less wheel travel than a dedicated off-road machine, give a more
planted feel in corners and make it easier for riders to reach
the ground. The 43mm inverted cartridge-style front fork features
16-way adjustable compression damping and 10.0-inches of travel.
The Uni-Trak® linkage-type rear suspension has 16-way
adjustable compression and rebound damping, providing 9.1-inches
of wheel travel.
Strong, 4mm-thick spokes in the 21-inch front and 18-inch rear
wheels provide excellent rigidity for enhanced off-road durability.
The KLX250S also stops hard, thanks to twin-piston calipers squeezing
a 250mm semi-floating petal-shaped disc up front and a 240mm
petal-shaped disc at the rear.
Aggressively styled bodywork finishes off this powerful and rugged
package, and a custom seat filled with firm urethane and a carefully
chosen handlebar pull it all together for long, comfortable days
on the road and off it.
Riders seeking enduro handling and modern engine performance
in a dual-purpose motorcycle designed for effortless street riding
will find it at Arizona Kawasaki. The KLX250S offers serious
capabilities in a fun, easy-to-ride package, regardless of where
the adventure takes it.
· On and off-road capability
means maximum versatility
· 249cc engine is liquid cooled for long engine life
· Adjustable 43mm fork offers excellent rigidity and consistent
· Adjustable Uni-Trak® rear suspension helps ensure
a smooth ride and great handling
· Fully digital instrumentation has easy-to-read speedometer
· Starting is easy with push-button electric start
· Six-speed transmission provides the right gear for any
· Brakes feature petal-style discs for superior stopping
Single-cylinder 249cc DOHC Engine
· Compact engine design is lightweight and high revving,
with a broad torque curve
· Good mass centralization for superior handling
· Flat-top piston and pentroof combustion chamber deliver
an 11:1 compression ratio
· Lightweight piston, piston pin and connecting rod enable
higher revs for maximum power
· Aluminum cylinder features electrofusion coating, which
allows a tight clearance between piston and cylinder for greater
horsepower and increased engine life thanks to superior heat
transfer and lubrication retention properties
· A gear-driven engine balancer provides smooth power
delivery from idle to redline
· Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow, to boost
low-end torque while providing improved high-rpm breathing efficiency
for more power
· 34mm semi-flat slide Keihin CVK carburetor delivers
the optimum amount of fuel at all rpm, resulting in improved
throttle response, greater power and excellent fuel economy
· Meets strict CARB regulations, so it's available in
all 50 states
· Dual high-capacity, vertical-flow Denso radiators
provide reliable and efficient engine cooling
· Radiators feature tightly packed cores and a fin design
for excellent heat dispersion
· More consistent engine temperatures allow tighter engine
clearances for quieter running and sustained power, while promoting
longer engine life
· Cooling fan is powered by a shallow-footprint electric
· Quick and easy push-button starting
· Kawasaki Automatic Compression Release (KACR) automatically
lifts one of the exhaust valves at cranking rpm, for reduced
· Secondary air system helps provide clean emissions
· USFS-approved spark arrestor lets the KLX250S
access designated off-road public riding areas
· Allows engine's full potential to be used
· Provides excellent acceleration as well as relaxed highway
Inverted Front Forks
· 43mm inverted cartridge fork offers excellent rigidity
and consistent damping performance; 10.0-inch wheel travel means
straight-line stability, great handling and a low seat height
· 16-way compression damping adjustment allows tuning
for differences in rider weight and terrain
Uni-Trak® Rear Suspension
· 9.1-inches of rear wheel travel for straight-line
stability, great handling and a low seat height
· Progressive linkage rate provides a smooth ride and
excellent bottoming resistance
· The gas-charged remote-reservoir shock features 16-way
adjustable compression and rebound damping
· Lightweight, high-tensile steel for amazing rigidity
· No downtubes, for lower engine placement and lower center
of gravity as well as ample ground clearance
· Lightweight, aluminum D-section swingarm is highly rigid
and reduces unsprung weight
· KX racing-type chain adjusters allow precise adjustment
to minimize drivetrain power losses
Petal-Shaped Disc Brakes
· Front and rear disc brakes offer impressive stopping
· Twin-piston caliper grips a 250mm petal-shaped disc
· 240mm rear petal-shaped disc for great power, feel and
Wheels and Tires
· Fat, 4mm spokes for greater off-road durability
· Tires with small tread blocks for longer tire life and
increased grip on asphalt
· KLX-spec handlebar for a more relaxed position and
· Footpegs are positioned close to the bike's centerline
· KLX-spec seat shape and foam make it easier to change
Narrow Fuel Tank
· Narrow tank design gives riders maximum comfort
and control without sacrificing capacity
· All-digital instrument console gives at-a-glance
information, including a digital bar graph tachometer, digital
speedometer, clock, and dual trip meters
· Aggressive headlight and front fender design
· Two-piece radiator shrouds styled like the KX motocrossers
· Rear fender is a two-piece unit featuring a sharp taillight
design that offers great visibility and further contributes to
the KLX's aggressive styling
Engine Four-stroke, Liquid-Cooled,
DOHC, four-valve single
Bore x Stroke 72.0 x 61.2mm
Compression ratio 11.0:1
Cooling System Liquid
Carburetion Keihin CVK34
Ignition Digital CDI
Final drive Chain
Frame Type Semi-double cradle, high-tensile steel
Rake/Trail 26.5 degrees / 4.1 in.
Front suspension / wheel travel 43mm Inverted Cartridge Fork
with 16-Way Compression Damping Adjustment / 10.0 in. Rear suspension
/ wheel travel
Uni-Trak® with Adjustable Preload, 16-Way Compression and
Rebound Damping Adjustment / 9.1 in.
Front Tire Size 80/100x21
Rear Tire Size 100/100x18
Front brakes / rear brakes 250mm semi-floating petal disc with
two-piston hydraulic caliper / 240mm petal disc with single-piston
Overall length 86.6 in.
Overall width 32.3 in.
Overall Height 47.4 in.
Seat height 35.0 in.
Wheelbase 56.3 in.
Ground clearance 11.2 in.
Fuel capacity 2.0 gal.
Curb weight 297.7 lbs.
Color Choices Lime Green, Ebony
Good Times Protection Plan 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
Warranty 12 Months